Saturday, February 18, 2012
Here are the tagging rules:
1) post the rules
2) answer the 11 questions from the person who tagged you
3) create 11 NEW questions for the people you tag
4) tag as many people as you like & link them to your post
5) let them know they have been tagged
And here are the questions Scubagirl has asked me to answer:
1. Where is your most favorite place that you have traveled? I have traveled to a lot of places within the US but I must say that Charleston, SC is my absolute favorite. I love the history & architecture of the city, love how close it is to the beach, love the food & the southern people.
2. What is your favorite food? Mexican. I think I could eat it everyday. For a snack, I love popcorn.
3. Who cooks at home? I do all the cooking. I love to cook/bake & find it a huge stress reliever. I'm a little "weird" about my kitchen though. My husband knows the kitchen is "hands off" & he is not to come in & bother me when I am cooking or baking. Can you say control freak??
4. How often do you go out to eat? Usually 1-2 times/week.
5. What is your most favorite movie of all time? Shawshank Redemption. I think I have seen it 25 times & love it each & every time.
6. Cat or dog? Dog - preferably English Bulldogs :)
7. What flowers were in your wedding bouquet? red parrot tulips & black magic roses
8. How many of the 50 states have you been to? 25
9. What decorations do you have on the walls of your bedroom? a 46" flat screen TV, a couple of pictures & wall sconces.
10. Where did you go on your honeymoon? a bed & breakfast in the Black Hills of South Dakota
11. What is your favorite sport to watch? LOVE KU basketball
So here are the questions YOU get to answer:
1) What is your favorite TV show(s)?
2) If you could travel to anywhere in the world, where would it be?
3) What is your idea of a fun, romantic date night with the hubby?
4) Do you have a "bucket list"? If so, what is one of the things on it you have completed thus far?
5) What is your favorite season?
6) What is your biggest pet peeve?
7) Do you have a favorite book you have read?
8) Do you have any pets?
9) What is your favorite candy?
10) What 3 things would you take if you knew you were going to be stranded on a deserted island & why?
11) How long have you been blogging & why did you start?
The blogs I am tagging are:
Amanda @ From Here to Maternity
Cori @ Mommy's Outlet
Jen @ Tales of the Trustems
Casey @ This Modern Love
Chrissy @ Trying To Get A Bun In My Oven
(No worries if you don't get time or want to do this :)
Saturday, February 11, 2012
We had our appointment this morning & within 45 min our accountant had all our info entered into the computer & was letting us know what the final verdict was - do we owe or don't we? Some people like to have that additional money from Uncle Sam in their paychecks every pay period but not me & Shane! We both like that big refund check at the end of the year so we make sure to adjust our tax withholding to our benefit & it has worked out to our advantage every year by doing so.
This year though we were very surprised to see that we are getting over $4000 MORE back than we did last year - YAY! We were both shocked & curious as to why we would get more back since nothing had really changed from last year?!
Our accountant said it was partly because Shane had bought a new truck & we were able to use the sales & property tax he paid as a deduction (which Shane quickly said "See honey, it was a great idea to buy a new truck after all" - whatever) but the MAIN reason was because we had twice as much in medical expenses from our IVF & 2 FET cycles to deduct this year than we did last year.
I guess it is nice to know that at the end of the year there can be something good come out of spending a ridiculous amount of money in IF expenses & have nothing to show for it!?Unfortunately, the additional "bonus" refund will be put towards paying off our medical debt & not for anything fun :( That is the "Dave Ramsey" way & that is how we roll!
Oh well, at least it will finally be paid off....just in time to start the vicious cycle all over again if we decide to do IVF using DE this year.