Sunday, November 13, 2011

Decisions

This made me laugh so I thought I would share:

I had my 2 week post-op appt with my fave OB/GYN on Thursday & as soon as she walked through the door she gave me a hug & apologized profusely for not being there when the drama went down. She is so awesome.


My check-up went well. Dr. S said all looked good & cleared me from all restrictions - which made the hubby a happy boy :) I found it funny that she advised us to use protection for 6 weeks just in case of a spontaneous pregnancy. I just had to laugh. She said "hey, I have seen it happen". If only we were that lucky!


We had a nice long chat about how I am doing mentally & where we possibly go from here. She also offered to send a letter to my RE so I wouldn't have to call them. My pathology report came back & she said there was nothing "abnormal" looking with the embryo but since we didn't do any other kind of testing on it she really couldn't tell me much more that. She told me to remain on my prenatals & folic acid - just incase.

::insert another laugh here::

I spent the rest of the afternoon running errands & not 2 hours later from my visit with Dr. S I get a phone call from my RE. She had talked with Dr. S & wanted to let me know how sorry she was for our loss. I thought that was a really nice gesture & was amazed yet again with Dr. S's compassion & promptness with the matter.

So, this leaves us with where we go from here. I have yet to talk with the hubby about it because we have been so busy these past couple of weeks but it will happen soon - when the time is right. I have been doing some research on my own & leaning towards one specific option & if I can get the hubby on board I think it will be the right decision for us. At least that is what my gut is feeling. I'm excited to share our decision with you all but unfortunately you will have to wait a little while longer :)

4 comments:

Cori said...

I love hearing you sound happy. I know things aren't all rosey, but you sound strong and hopeful, and I'm glad for that. Your doctors' compassion is wonderful, btw. Take care sister, you know you're still in my prayers, and I anxiously await your news. :)

Amanda said...

I am so happy that you posted!!! I have been checking back every single day. I can't wait to hear what your exciting new plan is... and I'm hooked yet again and will be checking all of the time. It sounds like you have a great team of doctors on your side. I hope you talk to Shane soon!!!!!!!!! =)

Lauren said...

Can't wait to hear your new plan, sweetie. I truly admire your resilience and admire you.

Desiree said...

I too have been checking every day and I'm so happy to 'see' you again! You'll continue to be in my thoughts and I anxiously await your news!