Monday, September 10, 2012

19 weeks

Had an appointment with my OB last Thursday & all went well. My weight is holding steady at 7 lbs total gained, my blood pressure was normal at 110/60, there was no sugar or protein in my urine & got to listen to Baby T's heartbeat again which was 145 bpm. My OB is pleased with my progress thus far & am crossing my fingers the remainder of my pregnancy stays this way. 


How far along? 19 weeks (baby is 6 inches long from head to rump & the size of a large heirloom tomato)

Symptoms: Still having a lot of heartburn & feeling a lot of achiness in my lower abdomen along with a lot of round ligament pain.

Weight gain/loss: holding steady at 7 lbs total gained


Maternity clothes? not 100% wearing them yet since I am still able to wear my knit skirts & dresses

Sleep: still no trouble falling asleep. Only getting up once a night to pee & have been able to fall back asleep lately which has been nice!

Food cravings/aversions: been craving a good ol' cold turkey sandwich like crazy this week

Movement? yes, feeling the little "flutters" all the time now

What I miss? like I said above, turkey sandwiches

Best moment(s) this week: seeing my favorite OB & getting a good report from her regarding my pregnancy

What I'm looking forward to: reaching the "half-baked" point next week when I am 20 weeks

Next Appointment: anatomy scan with the Perinatologist on Sept. 21st

Milestones: Baby T's arms, legs & facial features are in the right proportions to each other & the rest of the body now. The kidneys continue to make urine & the hair on the scalp is sprouting. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on the skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid.

No comments: