Monday, September 17, 2012

20 weeks - "Half-Baked"

Wow - hard to believe I have made it to the half-way point. I never thought I would ever get to this point in this pregnancy & am just so very thankful! Hoping the next 20 weeks are just as uneventful as the first 20 weeks has been!? 
 
How far along? 20 weeks (baby is 6 1/2 inches long from head to rump & the length of a banana)

Symptoms: Still having the heartburn - especially when I lay down at night to go to sleep. RLP seems to be better this week.

Weight gain/loss: + 3 lbs (10 lbs total gained)


Maternity clothes? not 100% wearing them yet since I am still able to wear my knit skirts & dresses

Sleep: same story - different week. Still no trouble falling asleep, getting up once a night to pee & have been able to fall back asleep lately which has been nice!

Food cravings/aversions: had Mexican for the first time last week & it didn't make me gag. I think my love for chips, salsa & tacos is slowly making a comeback!

Movement? feeling Baby T quite often now rolling around & little "thumps" but only on the inside...nothing from the outside yet

What I miss? sleeping all the way through the night

Best moment(s) this week: getting to the "half-baked" mark - only 20 more weeks left to go

What I'm looking forward to: our Level II Ultrasound on Friday where we find 
out if we are Team Blue or Pink - then let the shopping begin :)

Next Appointment: Perinatologist on Sept. 21st

Milestones: Baby T weighs about 10.5 ounces & after this week will begin to be measured from head - toe rather than head - rump. He/she is swallowing much more these days, which is good practice for the digestive system & is also producing meconium, a black, sticky by-product of digestion that will be secreted in baby's first bowel movement.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

It's so crazy how fast this has gone so far!!!

Lauren said...

yay!!! half baked is such a wonderful milestone!!!

Desiree said...

Holla for HALFWAY! The rest is going to FLY by!

And do you have ANY IDEA how EXCITED I am to find out what kind of shopping I'm going to get to do?!?! DO YOU?!?! :-)