Sunday, May 9, 2010

The Dreaded Holiday

Each year we set aside a day in May to honor mothers. While Mother's Day is a special day for millions of women, there are those of us who dread this day each year. For all those childless woman who desperately want children or has had to endure a miscarriage or the loss of a child, Mother's Day can be extremely challenging and very difficult just to get through the day.

For me, this would have been my first Mother's Day had I not had a miscarriage last March. I find today even more difficult than Thanksgiving or Christmas or any of the other holidays that have come throughout the year. While every holiday marks the passage of time, bringing with them the relentless thoughts of, "Surely by next year I'll be pregnant", Mother's Day is a holiday that celebrates motherhood. And if you're desperately trying to achieve that goal & not having much luck, it can be hard.

My dear sister sent me a wonderful article to read today & it was exactly what I needed. It let me know that she understands what I am going through & that those of us who have suffered a loss are not forgotten.

Please feel free to read the article here!

And as hard as today may be, I'm going to try & remember tha
t while my arms may be empty today, there is always hope for tomorrow.

1 comment:

Desiree said...

What a great article! I'm so behind on my posting so I probably won't write about how much my Mother's Day sucked until later this week. I appreciate you posting this and thank you for thinking of me Sunday morning. I needed it - you're the greatest!