Friday, April 16, 2010

One of those days...

I am officially done with week one of the 2-week-wait-limbo. It went by quickly which I am glad about & hopefully next week flies by also. My sister & 4 mos old nephew are coming to KC on Friday as well as my mom so I will be busy this upcoming week preparing for their arrival. I hope to also be distracted by their visit this next weekend so I don't obsess about wanting to POAS everyday!

Friday turned out to be one of those "hormonal" kind of days - at least that is what I am blaming it on! First thing I hear when I get to work is that one of the nurses on the floor is pregnant & they had only been "trying" for 3 months. Later that day, I get on Facebook & I find out my cousin has posted that she is pregnant. Her first one isn't even a year old yet & bam, just like that she is PG! Then that evening, I get a text from my BFF who is 20 weeks pregnant saying "It's a girl!!!" I'm beginning to wonder how much more I can take today?!

Now don't get me wrong - I am extremely happy for each girl & their situations but today I can't help but feel resentment & sadness when I heard their news. That may be rude of me to think like that but I'm sorry, I just can't help it - I am just keeping it real. I am going to chalk it up to "it's just one of those days"!

When I got home from work, I told my husband that my cousin was expecting & he said "wow - that must be nice to be able to get pregnant so easily"! The disappointment I heard in his tone shocked me! At that moment I realized that my infertility is affecting my husband too & that made me even more sad that I have failed to recognize his part in all this.

I guess I forget that this just isn't all about me!?

1 comment:

Desiree said...

Drew isn't much for talking about the deep stuff so it's really easy for me to forget that this stuff affects him too. We get caught up in the pills, shots, bloodwork and anguish to remember that they're in this too.

Our poor guys.