Wednesday, July 21, 2010

IVF consult

So today I had my IVF consult with my RE & it went really well. Once I got all my questions answered, I got the go-ahead to start the IVF process this cycle. We went over the cost of everything & I was pleasantly surprised to find out it wasn't going to cost as much as I thought. This is partly due to insurance covering my "monitoring" visits which helps out ALOT!

So, on Friday I have my CD3 bloodwork & US to make sure my estrogen levels are low & that I don't have any cysts on the ovaries. On CD5, (Monday) I will start birth control pills & take them for 3 weeks to suppress my ovaries. During that time, I have to have some more labwork drawn as does Shane as well as have another saline sonohysterogram done - fun fun! It is strange to think I am going back on BCP as I have been off of them for almost 4 years now?!

So that is where we are at. More to come later as we begin this IVF journey...

No comments: