Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Moving along

So I am 10 days into taking BCP & a baby aspirin & all is going well. I had my appointment this morning for a saline hysterosonogram. I also dropped off a sample of Shane' swimmers so they could do the 24 hour prep for the ISCI analysis. Needless to say, it's been a busy morning :)

The sonogram went well. The RE injected saline into my uterus & used the "vag cam" to look for any abnormalities (polyps, fibroids, uterine septum). According to our RE, everything looked perfect & healthy. Then he made some measurements so he would know what size catheter to use for the embryo transfer & after that we moved on to look at the ovaries. I had alot of small follicles on the right ovary & a few on the left with no cysts. He said after seeing that, I should have a really good response to the injections - hopefully he is right! He also told me that so far, all the IVF's he did last month have all come back BFP. Now I have no idea how many he did but when he said that, it gave me just a little bit more hope that this will all work out. After about 5 min it was all over with. I had some moderate cramping which was quite uncomfortable but didn't last too long. Thank goodness that part is over with.

Later in the day, Shane & I met with the Embryologist to sign the IVF consents, go over my injections class & all the meds I will be taking. Wow - we haven't signed that many papers since buying our house! I guess there is alot going on with this IVF stuff so we all needed to be on the same page...so to speak.

It was quite fun watching Shane in the injections class. We both got to practice drawing up pretend meds, mixing them & injecting them in a make-shift piece of rubber that was supposed to represent skin. Shane practiced his injection & the nurse & I both laughed at how slow he injected it. She said to Shane "your wife isn't going to let you inject her if you go that slow" :) He was too cute. After going through all the meds I will be mixing & injecting I was a bit overwhelmed. I am going to feel like a drug addict with all these meds I need to take!

The NP was nice enough to give me a free sample of Bravelle (follicle stimulating hormone) & Endometrin (progesterone suppositories) before we left which I was so grateful for since we are paying for all this OOP. Just looked online & that is over $400 in free meds....sweet! I'll take what I can get at this point.
Now that this is all out of the way, all there is left to do is order my meds & start my first injection of Lupron on Saturday. Seems like this process is moving right along....

1 comment:

Desiree said...

I've been going over your calendar like forty times! I'm so nervous and excited for you! But heart definitely goes out to you for having to do all those injections - what a pain in the ass. HA! I just made a funny!

I'm so hoping what your RE said about all his BFPs carries over to you as well!

Here's hoping for a pleasant surprise!